Morning walks in Artíes and Escunhau - The Pyrenees

The non-tourist photos from Escunhau/Escuñau and Artíes

If you happen to follow this blog, you know I like my series. One photo says more than a thousand words, but a few pics can be a novel. I do not aspire that high, but I do have a problem when it comes to choosing. Kill your darlings they say and since I have couple of hundred photos from my last road trip (weekend 7-9 of November 2015), I will probably post too many. 

Any way... we came to a few cute villages on our second day. Here are some, hopefully, non-tourist shots from Escunhau and Artíes.


Window in Escunhau

There is graffiti even in Escunhau

A most strange church... Why is the middle part smaller? Could it be the oldest part? Escunhau

The houses in Artíes are normally in very good state. This, not so much. Therefore I like it

Come play with me. Can't you just hear the dead children whisper?

SCREW ME!

The dam in Artíes

Straight

The door...

Through the key hole. The spirits come alive

The wall from which the virgins fly (hermita in Artíes)

Come sit, I feel lonely

All that work for superstition. But some comfort I guess it gives to some...

Come in, come in little friend...
I am waiting on the other side of the door.




Comments